Thursday, April 9, 2009

i heart my "new" luck

I am a HUGE believer in signs. Not just the signs that you see on the side of the road...but life signs. Signs that seem to come from some higher being, telling you that you are making the right OR wrong decision. Sometimes, I feel about like Salma Hayek and her obsession with signs in Fool Rush In (especially that scene at the airport where Alex sees the little girl, and he KNOWS he has to go to Mexico to find her....)

Anyway, I digress. So I am a big believer in signs. And lately, if I ever doubted the recent decisions I have made in my life, the signs are telling me YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!! My notoriously bad luck seems to have turned around (knock on wood) and things are all working out for me (and Ilker, but mostly it is with things on my side of the relationship)

Today I finished my second day working at David's Bridal, and man did I forget how hard it was to work in retail. But...this means that within the 7 weeks that I have lived here...I have gotten engaged, booked an awesome reception venue, bought my wedding dress, GOTTEN A JOB, dealt with transferring my car to NY without too many added expenses, decided on Save the Date invited and wedding favors...and made great strides in other wedding planning. Oh yes, and have gotten closer to picking out my veil.

So yes people, I am once again employed, and I think I might actually like it. It's going to be hard...but I tell you what-lugging wedding dresses all day long will definitely get me closer to getting my arms in more "wedding dress" shape. Which is an added bonus :)

Here's hoping the good signs keep coming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment