Wednesday, September 16, 2009

as if I needed one more hobby...

I have to admit two things. 1) I haven't been terribly motivated lately to work on any wedding related projects. 2) I have started to have weird/nightmarish dreams that revolve around the idea of Ilker and I getting married in a mass of chaos where none of our wedding projects (ie even decorations) are finished. After telling Ilker about my weird/nightmarish dreams, we decided that I definitely had some anxiety about getting stuff done for the wedding, and that it was time to buckle down and start crossing some things off of our list!

While I'm not planning to divulge any particulars, I will say that a few of our projects involve some easy sewing. While, I am not a fab seamstress, Ilker actually is. Well I guess he would be a seamstir? Anyway, after a lot of deliberation, research, and advice (thanks Mimi!) this weekend we bought a sewing machine. I have always wanted one (cough mom&dad cough cough) and think that I might be really good at it. :)

I know I probably don't need another hobby, but I feel like this is at least a hobby that can also be useful! Who knows, maybe I will be good enough to start making my own clothes....

So without further ado...the newest addition to our household....Now if I can just kick this cold in the butt...and feel well enough to start playing with it. I'll keep you posted on my progress...thank god this came with an instructional DVD :)

2 comments:

  1. Man, Jacqui, all you had to do was ask Kathleen to give it back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have exactly the same one and i love it :)

    ReplyDelete