Thursday, July 23, 2009

Obviously...I need to start going to the gym

This past weekend we went to Buttermilk Falls in Itahca, NY with some friends. The weather was lovely...80 and overcast, with a slight breeze. At the bottom of the trail was a watering hole, for swimming. I was really bummed that I didnt bring a swimsuit. I knew there was a place to swim, but assumed it was mid-hike and thought that if I was hot enough I would do what we do in the south and jump in fully clothed. Well, apparently "up here" they dont do that. So I had to settle for watching from the side..but next time, I WILL be jumping off that diving board!!

The hike was steep, and included something 200 stairs (and Im only slightly exaggerating) About halfway up the trail, I had to sit down and rest for like 30 minutes...I swear I thought I was going to die. I know Ilker really loves me when he just sat with me...not making me feel like an idiot for being so out of shape, until I was ready to continue on. The sites to come were beautiful, and were so worth the steps! It was a perfect day spent with friends...cant wait until our next trip :)

However...I realize that I need to get back into shape...so this weekend starts the getting in shape for our wedding extravaganza! Wish me luck :)












No comments:

Post a Comment