Sunday, August 23, 2009

The end of Day 3

and this is not as hard as I thought it would be :)

Sure I have my ups and downs. I am so thirsty throughout the day. And there are moments where I am overcome with hunger and feel myself getting grumpy, but when that happens I take a deep breath and remember why I am doing this. And I am so glad that I am doing this. It is an amazing thing, to exhibit such control over your mind and body. Almost exhilarating.

I have added to my rules of Ramadan, that I am trying to be a bit more selfless during this time. Meaning that I am trying to take care of Ilker and the house a bit more, even though it requires added energy, and trying to help out at work and focus less on myself and what I am going through and focus more on how I can help others. It is also, not always easy, but is so satisfying.

I must admit that I am not so sure that I would be so successful at this without Ilker's support. He has been amazing, cheering me on, keeping me distracted during the tough hours. Even just knowing that I have his support has helped tremendously when my resolve starts to waver. This has added such a wonderful, new element to our relationship as we support each other, and endure this together.

Well, its getting late....we eat breakfast or Sahur at 3:00AM, and I need to go prepare my oatmeal before going to bed.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment